Technical translator English-German - Noord-Holland
Be more than just a translator!
Established in 1984, Yardi has grown dramatically over the last three decades to become the leading provider of high-performance software solutions for the real estate industry. Today, we employ over 7,000 dedicated professionals working in over 40 offices throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Since its founding, Yardi has set the standard for user-friendly end-to-end ERP software solutions for property, asset and investment management in real estate.
Yardi’s clients include international players such as CBRE Global Investors, Blackstone and Cushman & Wakefield. Schiphol Real Estate, NSI and Vastned also use Yardi solutions. Yardi has won several awards, including spots in the Forbes Top 100 of best private cloud companies. Our culture is characterised by integrity, respect, trust and fun.
Yardi is growing at a rapid pace in the European market and is looking for a translator (co-ordinator) from English into German for our Amsterdam or Mainz office. You will be joining our Dutch translator, who started in 2020. In order to better connect to the European market, Yardi will be translating its software products into German (among other European languages). Yardi’s solutions have several different user interfaces, portals for external users, and apps, etc. As a Yardi Translator you will be responsible for setting a standard for translating content. In addition to your translation work, you will work closely with our QA and development teams in optimising the user experience for the translated products, as well as translation agencies for other languages. You will also be asked to translate the occasional newsletter or marketing text.
In addition to being excited about everything described above, it’s important that you are/have:
- German (Germany) native speaker;
- At least a bachelor’s degree in translation or relevant work experience;
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a professional translator;
- Working knowledge of CAT tools, preferably memoQ;
- Basic knowledge of what software code looks like and does;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Communicative, flexible and a team player;
- Self-starting and able to work independently without too much day-to-day guidance;
- Knowledge of real estate and/or accounting terminology is an advantage.
In addition to an informal and pleasant workplace, our client offers an excellent benefits package:
- An annual salary of approx. 30 to 40K (based on a 40-hour working week and depending on skills and experience);
- 25 holiday days;
- A pension plan and health insurance (at a discount for the rest of your family);
- Great opportunity for growth and development.
Have we piqued your interest? Feel free to call, text or email me and I look forward to tell you everything you need to know about Yardi and the job!